Had so much fun on our Island getaway. But there is truly NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!
I think my dogs missed me more than my husband!!! The kids and I had such a great time. We caught bait, we fished, explored the island, relaxed at the beach, cracked fresh coconuts, made ceviche and ate lots of yummy food.
Here are some pictures from our trip
and I wouldn’t leave a post without a recipe. Here is another super simple quick snack recipe from our road trip. I made this before we left so we would have something sweet to munch on the ride home. TaylorMake your own version with any nut or fruit addition you like. You will be totally surprised at how incredibly rich and satisfying these are, with a complex flavour that remarkably, comes from only five ingredients.
These Raw Brownies whip up so quickly and easily with few ingredients, they taste beyond incredible, but the BEST part is, they are healthy AND MY KIDS LOVE THEM. These Brownies are also vegan, gluten free, high protein and lo-carb and did I mention how healthy & EASY these are to make????
The Raw Brownie
Here is the Recipe
- 1.5 cup almonds (you can use any nut)
- 1/4 c raw cacao (cocoa) powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1.5 cup dates
- Place nuts in food processor and blend on high until the nuts are finely ground.
- Add the cacao,salt, agave and coconut oil. Pulse to combine.
- Add the dates one at a time through the feed tube of the food processor while it is running. What you should end up with is a mix that appears rather like cake crumbs, but that when pressed, will easily stick together (if the mixture does not hold together well, add more dates). Press into an 8x8 pan.
- Place in freezer or fridge until ready to serve (it is also easier to cut these when they are very cold). Store in an airtight container.
That’s it! Go and make The Raw Brownie and let me know how it turned out…