Yummy, Yummy, Yummy!!! One of my favorite “vegetarian” dishes. But even meat eaters love this one. Perfect for a meatless Monday or any other day of the week. Lots of LOVE goes into this dish.
It’s gluten free and lo-carb so it appeals to lots of diets… It’s so darn good all of my kids like it and 5 out of the 6 of them don’t even like squash.
It’s easy to see why this was such a popular dish we served in the restaurant. It’s bursting with Flavor and all kinds of cheesy goodness.
Just in case you are wondering… I don’t use the word “casserole” very often. I don’t like the word… My mother was the casserole queen.. and I promise her’s didn’t taste as good as this. I prefer the word “bake”.
and this bake is loaded with yummy goodness
FULL DISCLAIMER – One of the reasons this recipe taste so amazing is because majority of the ingredients are either roasted, caramelized or sautéed before baking. If you were to copy this recipe but use raw ingredients, it just wouldn’t taste the same.
If you aren’t a fan of goat cheese, you really won’t be able to taste it. It adds to the creaminess. If you are totally against the goat cheese and going to omit it, I would just increase the cream cheese to a full 8 oz block.
I’m able to put this together in a short amount of time because I always have roasted peppers, caramelized onions and roasted garlic on hand. It’s easy to do and saves me TONS of time in the kitchen and adds incredible flavor to any dish. I wrote a post on roasting the easy way.. You can see it here: How to roast peppers & caramelize onion, the easy way.
No worries if you don’t have them on hand.. I have written the recipe from start to finish…
Baked Spaghetti Squash with Goat Cheese & Roasted Vegetables
- Olive Oil for roasting
- sea salt for seasoning
- 5 cloves of roasted garlic (recipe to roast below)
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 orange pepper, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 4 oz goat cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp sundried tomato in oil, chopped
- 2 tbsp herbs (parsley & basil)
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cups panko
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- to roast the garlic: cut the top off the head of garlic exposing a bit of each each clove of garlic. Place garlic head in a sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle olive oil on top, sprinkle with salt. Wrap & Seal the foil around the garlic gathering at the top. Place in the oven and roast 375* for 30 or until completely tender when poked with a fork or knife. Allow to cool, remove from foil. set aside
- Halve the spaghetti squash, scoop out the seeds and loose fibers. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and bake 425* 30-40 min until tender. Remove from the oven and let rest until cool enough to handle. Using a fork, scrape out the squash which resembles strands of spaghetti and place in bowl.
- Arrange the chopped peppers & onions on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and roast 425* 20-25 min stirring occasionally until tender and edges start to brown.
- In a saute pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil and sauté the zucchini for 2-3 min until tender. set aside
- Squeeze out 5 garlic cloves from the cooled head of garlic and smash into a paste
- In a LARGE bowl combine the cream cheese, goat cheese & eggs. Mix together. Add the cooked spaghetti squash, peppers, onions, zucchini, smashed garlic cloves, sundried tomatoes, herbs & mozzarella cheese.. Stir well to combine. Pour into a casserole dish and top with panko.
- Bake 350* for 20-30 min until golden on top.
TaylorMade Market - Andrea Taylor