We LOVE Nachos! It’s a quick dish to prepare and a great appetizer for movies or game night.
The last time I posted a nacho recipe, it was Pizza Nachos. You can see it HERE.
You can Taylor-Make just about any recipe (except when baking) and Nachos are a perfect place to start.
The tortilla chip is just the vehicle for any delicious toppings you can dream up.
My kids love BBQ anything and its been a busy place around here lately so a quick meal is what I needed.
This is such a simple dish to put together. Takes 5-10 min of oven time. The only real time invested is the caramelizing of the onions. I happen to have some leftover from yesterday so I can skip this step.
You might even have the ingredients on hand
Black Beans, Corn, caramelized onion, cheddar cheese, green onion & BBQ Sauce
These would be great with ground beef, shredded pork, chicken or bacon but Momma is eating this tonight so I’m keeping it vegetarian.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 4 cups Your Favorite Crispy Tortilla Chips
- 2 cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 1/2 c your favorite BBQ sauce
- 2 green onions or scallions
- Start by caramelizing the onions on medium heat, stirring occasionally until tender about 10 min. Add black beans, corn + 1 tbsp of BBQ Sauce, stir together.
- When you are ready to make your nachos, preheat your oven to 400ºF.
- I used a cookie sheet but any oven-proof dish will work . First add half your chips, top with half of the shredded cheese & half of the black bean & corn mixture. Add another layer of chips and add the remaining cheese and the final layer of bean & corn mixture.
- Bake until the cheese is nice and bubbly 5-7 minutes. Remove from oven and drizzle with BBQ sauce. Top with scallions or green onions
If your BBQ sauce is really thick. You can thin it out with honey or a few drops of water.
How do you Taylor-Make your Nacho’s???