This takes Chocolate covered cherries to a whole new level of cuteness.
I still can’t get over how cute these chocolate candy mice are. They are really easy to make, and always get rave reviews. Kids love them, Fun to eat and taste oh so delicious.
NO BAKING REQUIRED!
The ingredients are simple; maraschino cherries with stems (body and tail), chocolate chips (body and glue), Hershey kisses (head), sliced almonds (ears) and white & black icing (eyes).
The first thing you have to do is rinse your cherries with water, and dry with a paper towel. Your chocolate will become lumpy and hard if it gets water in it. Next, I find it easiest to make an assembly line to create the mice. I unwrap all the Hershey kisses, and make stacks of sliced almonds. That way your chocolate won’t harden why you are trying to put the mice together. Finally, melt your chocolate and start assembling the mice. Dip the cherries in chocolate and place on parchment/wax paper. Attach a Hershey kiss as the head, attach two sliced almonds as ears, and pipe two eyes on with icing. Let dry.
I like to toast the almond slices to make the "ears" darker but it's not necessary to achieve cuteness...
- 24 maraschino cherries with stems
- Waxed paper
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips (you could also use chocolate bark)
- 24 milk chocolate Hershey’s Kisses, unwrapped
- 48 almond slices
- 2 Tbsp Black & White Icing
- Rinse cherries and pat dry with paper towels
- Dip cherries in chocolate and set down on parchment or wax paper
- Attach an unwrapped Hershey Kiss to the cherry opposite to the stem, as the head.
- Attach two sliced almonds as ears.
- Pipe icing eyes onto the Hershey Kiss
- Let harden and enjoy
TaylorMade Market - Andrea Taylor