Who doesn’t LOVE Chocolate Chip Cookies? I do.
The only thing I don’t particularly love is the fact that my Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe starts with 4 sticks of butter. Don’t get me wrong, the ultimate chocolate chip cookie is hands down my FAVORITE cookie creation I have ever made. I just wanted something “healthier”. Now if you read my blog, you know about my disasters that have happened when cutting the butter in a baking recipe, but this one works. I promise. I tested it this weekend on 8 adults & 14 kids. All thumbs up!
It’s absolutely DELICIOUS and KID-approved. This recipe has NO-Butter… so what is the substitute then?
Coconut Oil!!! With 100’s of benefits from coconut oil, you can indulge without guilt and feel good about giving these cookies to your kids.
EVERY SINGLE cookie was eaten within the hour.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, room temp
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup oatmeal (ground into a flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. kosher or sea salt
- 12 oz. chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk chocolate)
- Preheat oven *325
- Spray or grease a cookie sheet
- Combine coconut oil, eggs, brown sugar & vanilla in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Grind oatmeal in a blender or coffee grinder to achieve "oatmeal flour" texture
- In a separate bowl sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt
- Add the flour mixture & oatmeal to wet mixture and combine. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop out onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 - 12 min depending on the size of your cookie
You could add nuts, coconut, candies, dried fruit, whatever you want to this recipe to make your own Guilt Free Cookie.
What is your favorite cookie?
[…] oil for a healthier fat alternative without compromising the texture and flavor. Here’s a chocolate chip cookie recipe that are made with coconut oil and pass the kid approval […]