With 20lbs of fresh eggplant, you can be sure to see lots of eggplant featured recipes soon.. This particular recipe is soooooo good. It’s a perfect light lunch with a salad. I love the creaminess of the goat cheese with the fresh herbs.
Eggplant with Goat Cheese & Pine Nuts
- 1-2 eggplants halved or cut into slices
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c pine nuts, toasted
- 3 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 c basil, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 lemon (juice & zest)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Drizzle olive oil over the eggplant.
- Grill the eggplants until tender and grill marks appear. (Appx 3-4 min. each side)
- Arrange the eggplant on a serving platter
- Sprinkle with pine nuts, goat cheese, basil, mint & lemon zest. Squeeze lemon juice over the top.
- Season with salt & pepper.
TaylorMade Market - Andrea Taylor