Kids will never know they are eating 100% whole wheat with this yummy recipe.
The flour adds a wonderful coating to give the french toast the “Fluffy”
Fluffy (whole wheat) French Toast
- 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1 c vanilla almond milk (or any other milk)
- 1 pinch of kosher salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp real maple syrup
- 12 slices of 100% whole wheat bread
- Topping: powdered sugar & real maple syrup
- Measure flour into small mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in milk. Add salt, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla & syrup.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat
- Dip bread slices into mixture until both sides are coated. Cook bread on each side until golden brown. Garnish with additional powdered sugar & real maple syrup.
you could also use any other flour.. coconut flour, oat flour, rice flour, etc.. Same goes for the milk: use regular milk, coconut milk, oat milk, rice milk, etc.
TaylorMade Market - Andrea Taylor