This is as decadent as a savory dish can get. Buttery crabmeat and a poached egg running all over a crusty sliced baguette. Yum. Absolutely delicious. Feel free to TaylorMake your own version if you don’t like crab. Let me know what you come up with.
You will need a toasted baguette or bread of your choice along with a poached egg – If you don’t know how to poach an egg, Smitten Kitchen gives a beautiful step-by-step tutorial – you can see how to HERE
and of course I am including the recipe for this awesome Crab Creole Sauce
This would also be fantastic over pasta or as a dip for bread. YUM!
I had to show you what it looks like when you slice into it. Just a yummy river a yolk gold.
- 1⁄4 lb. butter
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. cayenne
- 1/4 c white wine
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Hot Sauce, To Taste (I use Crystal Hot Sauce)
- 1/2 lb. lump crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup scallions, finely chopped, for garnish
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, for garnish
- Sliced baguette or bread, toasted
- Poached Egg, per person
- Melt butter in a large, heavy pot. Add onions, peppers, garlic, salt, and cayenne, and cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add wine scrapping up any pieces stuck on the bottom on pan, add heavy cream and lower heat to simmer.
- Temper the yolks In a small bowl: take the egg yolks, add a little bit of the hot cream sauce, and mix, pour the mixture into the pan and stir.
- Turn heat back up, add worcestershire sauce & hot sauce, simmer just until the sauce thickens, apps 2-3 minutes. Stir in Crab meat trying not to break it up.
- Garnish with scallions & fresh parsley
and, Oh yeah.. This baby is just as good as it looks.. Maybe better..