There’s a bazillion spinach dip or artichoke dip recipes on the internet. Some have mayo & cheese, some have cream cheese, some have crab, some have sour cream. But most of them have one thing in common: the artichokes are added straight from the can or package. When you roast any vegetable you bring out SOOOOOO much more flavor. By roasting the artichokes, garlic & onion you have an incredible flavor before you add to your dip – I guarantee you this will blow away any other “artichoke & spinach dip” you have ever tasted.
Feel free to TaylorMake your own. This is MY personal favorite. The cream cheese & mayo makes a fantastic creamy base for this dip. The roasted artichokes, roasted garlic & caramelized onion are an explosion of flavor with mozzarella & parmesan cheese. Oh yeah, and there is spinach.. to make it healthy of course.
I mentioned in my last post that my kids aren’t really a fan of spinach. OK, 3 of them are pretty much “Anti-spinach” but all of them could care less that this dish has any at all when you taste cheesy goodness in every bite.
Pure Yummy cheesy goodness. Serve with crispy tortilla chips, crackers or toasted baguette slices.
Roasted Artichoke & Spinach Dip
- Olive oil & sea salt for roasting
- 5 cloves of roasted garlic (recipe to roast below)
- 2 cans (14 oz.) quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 onions, chopped
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 3/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Tortilla Chips or Crackers for serving
- to roast the garlic: cut the top off the head of garlic exposing a bit of each each clove of garlic. Place garlic head in a sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle olive oil on top, sprinkle with salt. Wrap & Seal the foil around the garlic gathering at the top. Place in the oven and roast 400* for 25 min or until completely tender when poked with a fork or knife. Remove from foil. Allow to cool. Squeeze out 5 garlic cloves from the cooled head of garlic and smash into a paste. set aside.
- Arrange the artichoke hearts & onions on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and roast 425* 20-25 min stirring occasionally until tender and edges start to brown.
- In a LARGE bowl combine the cream cheese & mayo. Stir in the smashed roasted garlic, artichokes, onions, spinach, parmesan & mozzarella. Mix together well. Pour into a casserole dish and Bake 350* for 15-20 min until golden on top. Top with extra grated cheese & parsley right before serving.
TaylorMade Market - Andrea Taylor