Panini is just a fancy word for a pressed sandwich and this panini, packed with roasted artichokes and veggies is a fantastic choice, especially if you are a fan of the famous spinach & artichoke dip. Think of this as a low fat, vegan version with zero guilt..
Just a few ingredients and you have a quick meal that taste amazing. You could also use this as a healthy dip for veggies or a spread for crackers. Today, I am using it to stuff a beautiful loaf of cuban bread to make these panini’s. My kids will eat just about anything as long as it is smashed in between some crispy bread.
Now if you are a cheese lover, I would highly recommend you topping yours with some mozzarella before pressing for the ultimate roasted artichoke & cheesy spinach panini but we are eating a vegan lifestyle around our house lately so the beans become my cheese-less glue to hold the sandwich together. That’s right, This sammie has No mayo, no cheese but lots of flavor.
So Here is what you are going to need:
Roasted Artichoke, roasted peppers & onions along with roasted garlic – a can of cannellini beans and a bag of frozen spinach.
Give it all a whirl until it is as chunky or as smooth as you like. If you are feeding picky eaters, the smoother the better so they don’t see chunks in the spread.
slather it on the bread of your choice. I would recommend cuban or ciabatta and give it a press. If you don’t have a press, G.F. Grill or a foil covered brick you can always toast your bread, slather the mixture on and eat it open faced.
- 1 Cup artichokes, drained
- 1 Cup peppers, chopped
- 1 Cup onions, chopped
- 1 head garlic, roasted
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- 1 can of cannellini beans
- 1 bag of frozen spinach.
- Preheat 425*. Place artichokes, peppers & onion on a sheet pan, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sea salt. Roast in oven 20 min or until they start to caramelize.
- Cut top of garlic, drizzle with olive oil and sea salt, Place the head of garlic in a foil pack and seal - roast alongside the peppers and onions..
- Add roasted artichoke, peppers, onions, garlic, cannellini beans & spinach to food processor.. Process until desired texture is reached. Slather on bread, lightly brush top of bread with oil and and press on your panini machine or George Foreman Grill. (You can also use a skillet and a foil covered brick)
- Serve warm
Roasting peppers, onions & garlic: