If you like sweet potato you will LOVE this soup.. Minimal ingredients and SUPER Healthy, however it taste rich, creamy & velvety. You will feel like you are indulging without an ounce of guilt.
We used to serve this soup in the restaurant and it was extremely popular with Vegans, vegetarians AND Meat Eaters. I was hesitant to advertise it as a “vegan” dish to meat eaters since to them vegan = no taste. I always told them after they licked the bowl clean how healthy the soup was they just ate and that it was VEGAN. I LOVE making vegetables taste yummy!
Roasting the sweet potato instead of boiling brings out the natural sweetness and gives the soup a real depth of flavor. I LOVE the creamy base from the pureed sweet potatoes along with the diced sweet potato for texture.
Here is what you’ll need + 1 can of coconut milk + 6 cups vegetable stock
Roasted Sweet Potato Coconut Stew Vegan
- 5 cups sweet potatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or kosher salt
- 3 carrots, sliced or diced
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 10 oz bag spinach
- Peel and dice sweet potato, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and salt. Roast @ 425* until tender and slightly caramelized. appx 20-25 min. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, Add remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil to a pot and Sauté carrot, celery, onion and garlic until tender appx 10 min. Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil
- Take half of the cooled sweet potato and place in a blender. Add the coconut milk and blend until completely smooth. Add to pot and stir. Reduce heat to simmer. Add remaining diced roasted sweet potatoes and fresh spinach. Season to taste.
TaylorMade Market - Andrea Taylor
Roasted Sweet Potato Coconut Stew