Having 6 children, our life is busy.. I’m sure most parents can relate.
This is a typical 5:00 p.m. conversation…
Kids: What’s for dinner Mom?
Me: I don’t know! I just walked in the door.
Kids: I’m hungry. I’m really really hungry!!!
My kids LOVE tacos.. Some like all the toppings.. Some don’t. I love tacos because it’s a quick meal to make. In fifteen minutes, its done. While the meat, onions & garlic are cooking, I chop the tomatoes & lettuce and set up a Taco Tray for the kids to make their own. I love making a mini taco bar so everyone gets exactly what they want.
By adding the beans & corn it stretches out the meal to make more.
- 1lb ground meat (turkey, lean ground beef, etc.)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp homemade taco seasoning (recipe follows)
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- Tortillas: Corn or Flour
- Toppings: Lettuce, tomato, sour cream, salsa, cheese, avocado, guacamole, onions, scallions, cilantro, jalapeños, lime wedges.
- Homemade Taco Seasoning:
- 2 tsp kosher or sea salt
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- In a large saute pan, brown the meat. Add the onions and garlic. Cook until tender. Stir in the spices and cook for 1 min while stirring. Stir in the beans & corn. Serve with toppings
- Homemade Taco Seasoning: Combine all spices together, mix well. Store in an airtight container
TaylorMade Market - Andrea Taylor
You can put tacos together in a matter of minutes.
Build your own TaylorMade Style Taco Bar
Taco Bars are growing more & more popular. They are even showing up at weddings: HeidiRyder
and an incredible photographer in Florida who photographed a gorgeous Taco Bar. Aislinn takes some of the most amazing photo’s: Aislinn Kate
A taco bar is a fun way to allow yourself time to interact with your guests, rather than having to slave away in the kitchen during most of the party. Plus, a taco bar party cuts the preparation time in half, since a taco bar party allows guests to build their own tacos. Your guest will have a fun time building their TaylorMade Taco.
Let’s Give them something to taco ’bout
Here are some other topping ideas: black olives, scallions, jalapeños, pico de gallo, avocado, chopped onions, lime, cilantro