My Kids love pizza and they also love nachos so I decided to give them both in one dish. Actually, I had no idea what I was going to make for dinner in 15 min. and then I remembered I had some leftover marinara from the night before, a 1/2 bag of cheese and a bag a tortilla chips that my chipaholic son hadn’t found in the pantry..
Pizza Nachos = Double score for Mom!!!
Nachos is another one of those Taylor-make-able dishes.. I made these for the kids. However, My husband wanted a Mediterranean version with spinach, roasted peppers, sundried tomato, kalamata olives and feta cheese, so I custom made him a nacho dish. I’m glad I made an extra large potion, otherwise he wouldn’t have wanted to share. It was SERIOUSLY Good!!! Then my son suggested BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos.. um, YUM! Crispy tortilla chips with melted cheddar cheese, BBQ pulled pork, caramelized onion, maybe some bacon? drizzled with sweet & tangy BBQ sauce. That will be the next nacho dish in our house. So you see, you can make whatever kind of nachos you want. The chip is the vehicle for all your yummy toppings of choice.
Don’t use to much marinara sauce since it will make the chips soggy – You can always serve them with extra marinara sauce on the side.
Not that you will have any problems with leftovers (we had zero) but the nachos are best served straight out of the oven.. The longer they sit. The more “soggy” they will become. Oddly enough, I have a child that likes “soggy” cheesy chip nacho.
Remember you can Taylor-Make these pizza nachos.
Like pepperoni or olives? Add it
Use your imagination. I can guarantee you will love them.
- FOR THE GARLIC CREAM SAUCE:
- 1-½ Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- ½ Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced finely
- 3/4 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 pinch Salt
- ¼ cups Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- FOR THE PIZZA NACHOS:
- 4 cups Your Favorite Crispy Tortilla Chips
- 1/4 cups Garlic Cream Sauce (Recipe Included)
- 2/3 cups marinara sauce (or pizza sauce)
- handful of fresh basil, torn
- handful of parsley, chopped
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- Start by making your sauce. Begin by melting the butter, along with the olive oil on medium to low heat. Once melted, toss in the minced garlic, stir. Turn to Medium heat, Add in the cream and stir until it comes to a boil. Add the salt along with the parmesan cheese, and continue stirring. The sauce will thicken pretty quick, so continue to stir. Once the sauce is thickened, remove from the burner, and set aside.
- When you are ready to make your nachos, preheat your oven to 400ºF.
- I used a cookie sheet but any oven-proof dish will work . First add your chips. Drizzle half of the garlic cream sauce all over the chips. Spoon half of the marinara onto chips. Add half of the shredded cheese & half of the herbs. Add another layer of chips and add the remaining cream sauce, marinara sauce and cheese. Bake until the cheese is nice and bubbly 5-7 minutes. Remove from oven and top with the remaining fresh herbs.
SAME CONCEPT FOR THE MEDITERRANEAN NACHOS: 3-4 cups Your Favorite Crispy Tortilla Chips 1/4 cups Garlic Cream Sauce (Recipe Included) toppings: spinach, roasted peppers, sundried tomato, kalamata olives, feta cheese handful of fresh basil, torn handful of parsley, chopped 1 1/2 - 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
By the way, the garlic cream sauce will keep in the fridge for a handful of days. Feel free to use the leftover sauce on a pasta or a dipping sauce for bread or pizza. OR if you are feeling extra lazy (or extra healthy) – just omit the cream sauce. They are still yummy!
These are great for parties, football games, family gatherings or just a quick weeknight meal.. Have fun with flavors and go Taylor-Make some – Not so normal Nachos
[…] Pizza Nachos to Mediterranean Nachos…… TaylorMade … – My Kids love pizza and they also love nachos so I decided to give them both in one dish. Actually, I had no idea what I was going to make for dinner in 15 min. and … […]
[…] source […]
[…] Taylor Made Market – Pizza Nachos […]
Okay, so these might be my kids’ favorite meal EVER. I had to cut them off – or they would have eaten them all without sharing with their parents. 🙂
The garlic sauce is amazing! Can’t wait to make the Greek version.