A simple and healthy Asian infused salad with cabbage, carrots, green onion, and cilantro (should you chose) with a sesame soy dressing
I love this simple side salad because it’s tasty and healthy, but I also love it because I don’t have to heat the stove. Just chop the veggies, whisk the dressing and combine…
- For the slaw-
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, grated (about 1 cup)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- small handful cilantro
- For the dressing-
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil (or olive oil)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh ginger - grated
- 1 tbsp lime juice (or lemon)
- In a large salad bowl, combine the red cabbage, carrot, and green onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing. Then add to salad bowl and toss with veggies. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- When ready to serve, use your hands to roughly tear up the cilantro leaves and mix in with the slaw.
I just love how colorful this salad is
You could also use Napa Cabbage or heck regular green cabbage for that matter. Add in whatever you’d like or whatever needs to be used out of the refrigerator. Cucumbers would be great, red bell pepper, orange segments, I’ve even seen people use jicama. You could top this with peanuts for an extra crunch. Possibilities are endless..