I love lobster and so does my family. Such hardcore lobster lovers that we get it fresh… fresh out of the water.
We have made lobster rolls, lobster ceviche (delicious), lobster sliders, lobster tacos and this is one of our personal favorites, fried lobster. It is so quick & easy.
Here is what you’ll need: Lobster tails, flour, salt, egg, panko, oil, lime – THAT IS IT.. Simplicity that taste divine.
You might be thinking frying such a delicate piece of meat would ruin it. NOT AT ALL.. The lobster meat stays succulent juicy & melt in your mouth tender with a crispy crunch on the outside… YUM! It is heavenly. I’m telling you, you must try this. It is not deep fried but lightly pan fried. I also use a healthier oil instead of vegetable oil – I typically always have olive oil or grapeseed oil on hand so I use one of those.
Here is where the freshness starts – This is a picture of my brother in the Keys with the morning catch of lobster
These are Florida Keys lobster – different from the Maine lobster – These FL guys don’t have scary claws to pinch you and I personally think they taste sweeter than a maine lobster.
Scissors make it easy when cutting the shell
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher or sea salt
- 2 cups seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs
- 4 lobster tails
- olive oil for frying (you could use any oil of your choice)
- Limes, cut into wedges
- Put flour & salt into a large ziplock bag, shake, set aside
- Put panko breadcrumbs in a separate large ziplock back, set aside
- In a shallow dish, whisk the eggs, set aside
- Cut the shell lengthwise, down the center to the tail with scissors. - remove the lobster meat.
- Cut the lobster meat into desired size pieces
- Drop each piece in the flour bag, shake it up. Remove lobster, dip in egg. Drop into panko bag. Shake. Set aside until ready to fry.
- Heat a shallow amount of oil in a large frying pan. Place panko covered lobster pieces and lightly fry until golden brown & crispy. Turning pieces to brown all sides. Cook time is 1-2 minutes. Remove lobster from pan and drain on paper towel. Serve with lime wedges
By using the ziplock bags make clean up SUPER EASY... If you don't have them, just use a bowl
[…] I found the Panko Fried Lobster Bites with Lime on Taylor Made Market. This reminds me of when I lived in Key […]