I have a weakness for French Fries.. LOVE LOVE LOVE them.. But I don’t love how unhealthy they are, processed and fried in oil. We used to do a take on french fries in the cafe and have roasted potato wedges as a side for the TaylorMade Meals. Crispy, Crunchy, Potato goodness, ALL without the unhealthy part.. Low-fat and FULL Flavor. I promise, You will get your french fry fix without an ounce of guilt.
Fresh rosemary and garlic are on these. But we have made them many different ways.. Lemon Thyme, Rosemary Garlic, pizza potato wedges, BBQ Potato Wedges that we rubbed in spices before roasting and served with a BBQ Honey Mustard Sauce.. sooooo good. Not only is this a great side dish, it is perfect crowd pleaser for all diets. Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten Free
- 4 large baking potatoes, unpeeled
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt or kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Scrub the potatoes, cut them in half lengthwise, then cut each half in thirds lengthwise to make wedges.
- Place the potatoes on a sheet pan with the olive oil, salt, garlic, and rosemary. Toss together making sure the potatoes are covered with oil. Spread the potatoes in a single layer.
- Roast the potatoes for 15 min and then give the pan a really good shake to move the potatoes around and Roast for another 15-20 minutes, until they are lightly browned, crisp outside, and tender inside. Sprinkle with additional sea salt and serve.
Rosemary goes great with potatoes or any other root vegetable. It can be over powering if you use it in a delicate dish or just simply use too much. Only use the green leaves, not the stem since it is VERY woody tasting. It is super easy to clean rosemary. Just pinch the top of the stem with one hand and pull in the opposite direction with the other. You can watch a 30 sec demo HERE on how to clean fresh herbs that are on a stem. If you happen to have an abundance of rosemary like I do, check out the 40 uses for rosemary. I love to use it all kinds of ways, not just with food. One of my personal favorites, I take a handful of springs and place in a vase with a little water. It becomes an ALL NATURAL refreshing Potpourri – I have one in my guest bathroom that smells amazing when you walk in. Here are 40 other uses for rosemary
You can TaylorMake this roasted potato recipe with any seasonings or herbs you would like..
Let me know how YOU TaylorMade it!
Oh man, these are in the oven right now! They smell fabulous!
[…] Rosemary Garlic Roasted Potato Wedges from Taylor Made Markert […]