Tomato Tahini can be made into a dip or a healthy homemade dressing for salad. It’s great both ways and perfect this time of year when tomatoes are in season. You can use any type tomatoes for this recipe.. Farm fresh tomatoes, grape tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, whatever flavorful tomato you have on hand.
I love to dip peeled and sliced Jicama Sticks (Fries) into this.
Quick and simple to make with just a few fresh ingredients.
Jicama Fries with Tomato Tahini Dressing
- 1 Jicama - cut into fries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 c sundried tomato (soaked in water)
- 1/4 c lemon juice
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 green onion or scallion
- 1/4 c - 1/2 cup water depending on sip or dressing
- Peel and cut Jicama into fries. Set aside
- Blend fresh tomatoes + sundried tomatoes, lemon juice, tahini, green onion & water in a high speed blender. Use as a dip or Add more water for dressing. Store leftover in refrigerator, use within 3 days.
TaylorMade Market - Andrea Taylor