This recipe is a yummy way to eat your carrots. Great for snacks or a quick out the door breakfast.
Carrot Muffins have the look and flavor of a carrot cake only they are in muffin form. These cinnamon scented muffins are nice and moist and are loaded with flavorful ingredients;
Muffins are just Cupcakes without the frosting. Although these muffins need no adornment, sometimes I can’t resist smearing them with a little cream cheese icing.
Pineapple Carrot Cake Muffin
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded or grated carrots (about 3 to 4 medium-sized carrots)
- 1/4 cups walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 cups raisins (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon
- In another large bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, crushed pineapple, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and carrots. Then slowly add the flour mixture and beat with an electric hand mixer until just combined, about 2 minutes. Stir in the walnuts & raisins (optional) at this time.
- Fill the cups 3/4 full with batter. Bake until the cupcakes are set, about 20 to 22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
TaylorMade Market - Andrea Taylor