Quesadillas are a favorite around our house. I love this version. It’s healthy, fresh, full of veggies & protein and loaded with flavor.
Quesadillas are so versatile and can be filled with just about anything.
Check out another one of my other yummy vegetarian quesadilla recipes
Spinach, sundried tomato, mushroom & goat cheese Quesadilla
I LOVE the flavor of sweet roasted peppers & carmelized onions, especially with beans. The corn adds a nice crunch of fresh flavor. I also wanted some extra “freshness” in my quesadilla so I added some sliced green onions and served them with lime wedges
Feel free to add or delete any ingredients. If you like it spicy, add some jalapeños, if you don’t like peppers just leave them out.. TaylorMake your quesadilla with the flavors that you want.
Got leftover chicken? Shred it and add to the mix..
There are no “rules” to making a quesadilla. Just make sure it has some cheese to glue the tortillas together.
Healthy Veggie Quesadilla – Santa Fe Style
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 sweet onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn (or canned corn, drained)
- 3 green onions, slices
- 1 tsp kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- pinch of cumin
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 10 flour tortillas
- sour cream & lime wedges for garnish (optional)
- On a sheet pan, place the peppers & onions, drizzle with olive oil and roast 425* for 20-25 min.
- In a bowl, mix the roasted peppers & onions with the black beans, corn, green onion, salt & spices. Combine well.
- Heat a skillet, place tortilla in it and top with 1 tbsp cheese then 2 tbsp bean & corn mixture and then another 1 tbsp of cheese. Top with another tortilla.
- cook two minutes per side, or until golden brown and lightly crisp. Repeat.
- Garnish with sour cream & lime wedges
TaylorMade Market - Andrea Taylor
Easy to make and yummy to eat..